Sunday, July 26, 2009

oh the fun...

We have been traveling for the summer, so I have been neglecting my blogging, but to make matters worse, when I got home, I found out my computer is not connecting to the wireless in my house. Gotta love it huh. Problem is, I can't share out any of my pictures of our vacation because they are all safely stored in my computer (I'm on Matt's right now). So, in the meantime, I will just tell you what we have been up to this past weekend. WE ARE POTTY TRAINING!! I have been mentally building myself up for this (I need more prep than Makaela does), but we have finally made it into the home stretch. We are doing the birthday suit method, which basically means she is bare-assed running around. It is quite a scene. I have to admit, it is pretty intense. I am constantly on alert for a change in her facial expressions, hands grabbing the crotch, the sound of liquid hitting laminate flooring or her infamous "ou-ies" or "uh-ohs". I am pretty pleased with the progress though. The first day we had mostly "partials"- partially peeing on the floor before running to the potty. Poop made it into the potty though. The second day (today) brought some new surprises. She now will take herself to the potty to pee, so long as we are reminding her. Unfortunately, she doesn't sit on the potty securely enough to get all the pee in. She does get the point though. (Side note- you have to see the Hoffman family when the pee gets completely in the potty- you would think the Yankees just won the World Series -ok, bad example, Matt hates the Yankees, but you get the point...lots of cheering and high 5-ing). Anyway, bad to the update... she did manage to fool daddy and hide in the closet to take a crap...that was interesting. We are going to try not to make that one a habit. We also learned that farts are now called "bubbles". Of course, why didn't we think of that before...women don't fart, they bubble :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment