Saturday, May 26, 2012

Rain Day


The Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend, our community was supposed to have a Memorial Luau.  I had RSVPed for our entire family and extended family.  While the flyer promised to serve pulled pork (not Kailua pig??) and chicken adobu (adob-what??), I was never one for Hawaiian cuisine (even the authentic kind).  I did want Makaela to see the hula dancers to hopefully soothe some of her homesickness for the islands, but Tropical Storm Beryl had other plans.  With the storm closing in, the amenity center cancelled the luau and shut down the pool.  Problem is, when you have a street with 26 kids on it, a closed pool is not a good idea, especially when you are anticipating 2 days of constant rain.  The parents needed a way to tire out their kids before the rains came.  So, my cousin and I blew up the pool and the kids went to town in the kiddie pool.  They had more fun jumping into 1 1/2 feet, pushing eachother, throwing red solo cups full of water and then chasing each other around yard.  It was good fun, that is, until it started raining and I had 5 kids soaking wet on my lanai.

No comments:

Post a Comment