Friday, June 22, 2012

Pinterest Summer

I have become a bit of a Pinterest addict.  It all started when I created a Pinterest project for my students where they had to create a board for one of the characters in The Scarlet Letter- what the character needed, wanted, deserved, needed to rid themselves of, etc.  A few students confessed that I got them hooked on Pinterest, so I had to see what I was missing.  Boy, did I ever make up for it.  This summer has been a Pinterest summer, since there are so many fun crafts, recipes and decorating ideas- I want to do them all.  Matt rolls his eyes because when I say I have a new Pinterest project it usually involves him having to hang, cut or do something.  Of course, he doesn't mind when I cook the Pinterest recipes though (he was overjoyed with the shrimp fajitas and yogurt sauce as well as the bruschetta chicken).   I still have many more projects lined up...so excited to be a stay-at-home mom this summer!!  Here are some of my Pinterest projects in action:
I redecorated my powder room in a blue/grey and white theme.  I also did wall decorations that were fabric wrapped boards.  It's not a great picture, but the bathroom came out cute and all for under $70.
Our teaching wall in the playroom.  Even Matt got in on the painting of this one.
Keeping Mia busy while I clean up the kitchen
Makaela's plate aquarium...this activity took over 3 hours and she did it with a friend down the block.  Great way to occupy a rainy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment