Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer Days

Being a stay at home mom is tough- I am cleaning and catering to the kids all day, but I have to admit, for the most part, I love it.  I love not having to be any place at any special time; I love browsing Pinterest for some crafts to do or some new recipes I can make with the kids; I love that storytime can last for an hour because we don't have to be in bed by a certain time (we are now reading chapter books at bedtime) and I have loved being outside. I have even garnered enough courage to take all three girls to the pool by myself.

Makaela and her friends making their own books. The books were animal themed because they used animal stickers for the characters.  It was fun trying to spell words for three girls'- they kept shouting them out at the same time.

We have perfected the Snickerdoodle recipe. I think I have been invited to more playdates as a result :-)

Before our trip to NY we had pavers installed. I wanted a flat surface for the kids to play and I am glad we did. I also purchased a small swingset for $100 on our neighborhood Swip Swap and it was another great purchase.  The kids use it as a playground and as a clubhouse.  
Our mornings: running around in PJs while I sip my coffee and work on my computer in the lanai. Madi loves being outdoors.

Picnic at the park

Carousel time- it's right outside our library, so we have been going often
Thanks to the MacDonald blog, I realized I had the instructions to make bubble snakes.  I have since learned to keep these homemade toys away from young kids. They inhale the bubbles which is no bueno.

No comments:

Post a Comment