Wednesday, April 22, 2009

love watching her learn

As I was laying Makaela down tonight, I was struck by exactly how much she is learning. Today, she packed her lunch in her Dora lunchbox and carried her own bag off to daycare. Before she got to the car, she stopped picked up a flyer from our driveway and then threw it in our garbage can- talk about a "green" girl, putting garbage in it's place. Then when we were preparing dinner, as I was cutting up a red pepper, she called it an apple- she is overgeneralizing, but still. When we were reading her animal book at bedtime, she was able to name a few animals and even make their sounds. I am trying to figure out why she thinks a chicken is a "ninganing" though:-) I am just amazed at how quickly babies grow and how much they absorb.

No comments:

Post a Comment