Saturday, April 11, 2009

news on the next transfer

So matt heard back from the navy detailer and he was not picked up for Iraq. There are three options open right now for 9 air traffic controllers, however, only two are open to us: Bremerton WA and San Diego. WA would be better for Matt's career because it is a carrier (easier to get promotions), however it would not bode well for the family situation. By the time I can leave UH and meet up with him, the carrier would probably be deploying, so basically, Makaela and I would continue to stay in HI, keeping the family apart for a year and a half or longer. San Diego would be better for the family because we could buy a place and then just stay there until retirement, but again, not such a hot career move for either one of us right now. Regardless Matt said he is going to put in for both of them because if his choices and the navy's choices don't match up by June, they will put us anywhere they want. Frankly, I'm entirely too stubborn to have someone else tell me where I'm going and when, so even if I just have two options, I'd rather that.

No comments:

Post a Comment