Monday, July 11, 2011

The "Troof" According to Makaela

After dinner, we take the dogs out for an evening walk that tends to be a bit of a chore because I have a tired 3 year old, a stroller and two wild dogs to walk. Lately Makaela has been a bit concerned with trash, so we have dubbed our evening walks "Trash walks". Makaela walks ahead of the stroller picking up any litter she sees...like every piece of trash, even down to cigarette butts. I was armed with antibacterial gel, but I had to draw the line at cigarette butts. I told her, "The truth is honey, some trash we shouldn't pick up because they have too many germs on them." She then tells me, "No the troof is trash hurts animals. The birds eat it and they die- that's the troof. People are really very very dirty, so I'll tell the little people the troof and you tell the big people the troof that they shouldn't litter." Last night she was armed with a latex glove and gathered cigarette butts to her heart's content.

No comments:

Post a Comment