Friday, September 23, 2011

defense

I was very glad to take off work today because I got to attend Steph's doctoral defense. It was a good experience to see what I am in for when my turn comes. Mom came along with me so she could see as well. We both got a good dose of what I needed to prepare for. Steph was amazing however. There were some questions that were shot at her that I actually started sweating over, but she answered everything with grace and intelligence and she did so well. I hope I can handle the committee as well as she did. (I pray I can- I shall find out on Oct 11- say plenty of prayers for me...PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!) The best part was when Donna came down and said, "Congrat's Dr. Buelow" I really had a tough time fighting back the tears because we (steph, katie and myself) have been together for the past 4 years and literally 9 job positions and 6 babies (Makaela was born on a class day and they visited immediately after her birth and Mia was born with them both right there !) between us battling out this doctoral program and now the first of us has finally gotten through it. Again, I just pray that I can do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment