Sunday, April 8, 2012

Corolla, NC


Kristin's beach house in NC
I was trying to find something to do with the girls during Spring Break. I emailed my high school friend Kristin to see what she was up to and she was heading down with her family to their beach house in NC.  I hopped online, found a flight and rented a car.  I have always flown with the two girls by myself, but now that Mia is walking, it was a whole new experience.  Let's just say I won't be flying solo anymore.  We arrived at 1am so the girls had to wait until morning to see their friends.  Makaela hadn't seen Liv since last Christmas, so it was nice to get the girls together again. There were six kids total: Ava, age 7; Makaela, 4; Liv, 4; Max, 3; Scarlet 2; and Mia,1.  Makaela was in heaven having so many kids around to play with.
Makaela and Liv- they could pass for sisters
 The first day it was a bit cool, so we dressed up the kids and took them to the tennis courts to run around.  We found that tennis courts serve as pretty good makeshift soccer fields.
Donald playing goalie for the kids


 On the way home, the girls played follow the leader and it was a great tactic for keeping them orderly.




All the girls on the hammock: Ava, Scarlet, Liv, Makaela and Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment