Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Hangin with Dad

This will hopefully be my first of many posts for our blog. So today was a somewhat bad day , I was just told that I will have to work the next 2 or 3 weekends(Navy), Jenn had a girl at school squirt chocolate sauce on her before she had to leave to go to her class at U H and Makaelas stomach has been bothering her...good times right? Well, I go to pick her up from day care and she sees me through the door, says hi and continues to play with her toy, I sign her out, take her bag and start to pick her up, well as anyone with kids knows it is really hard to take a happy kid away from what they are enjoying without pissing them off...I am certainly no exception to that rule...as I am sure you guessed crying baby in the car the entire way home, we get home Makaela still crying, dogs jumping around all over the place...baby still crying, grabbing at my leg, so I go to turn the tv on to her cartoons, baby still crying grabbing at my legs, so I pick her up, go to my recliner, lay down with her. She takes my hand in hers and is petting my hand watching tv for the next half hour and I can't remember for the life of me how bad my day was before then. Goes to show how precious the small things with your family can change your day completely. And of course before I sign off I should let you all know that Makaela is getting really good at throwing her soccer ball at me while I am typing on the computer, so for now I hope that everyone is doing well and we will hopefully talk to you all soon. Matt, Makaela and soccer ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment