Thursday, March 19, 2009

ouwies and the twilight party

I had to take off from work today because daycare was taking off and we needed to catch up on doctor's appts. My appt was 9:45 and Makaela's was 10:30am. I guess she got freaked out by someone poking and prodding me, so she decided to cry the entire time I was getting a check-up. Luckily,I had a female doctor who was a mom, so she totally understood my situation. Then we went off to Makaela's appt and she amused herself in the waiting room with the toys and the other kids. When our name was called, she was not leaving...not at all. She proceeded to scream during her weight and height check and it was quite embarrassing. When we got into the examine room, there were pretty pictures on the walls, so she kind of calmed down and even "made nice" with the doctor when she arrived, but that was short lived. As soon as the doctor tried to remove her diaper, the screams began again...do we see a trend here? So then the doctor proceeds to tell me that Kaela needs 4 shots and a finger prick...again...the trend. She was shooting daggers out of her eyes at the immunization administrator. When we got to the lab for the blood test, her finger got pricked, she got silent (the calm before the storm) and then, she turned into a flopping fish. The lab tech asked me to hold her down because she was bleeding all over the place (she's a bleeder like her dad) and I told him, "once I can catch her arm, believe me, I will". After that traumatic event, she was a doll - probably didn't want me to take her back to the doctor's. We headed over to the Buelow's so the kids could play and then the moms could go out to the Twilight party. The kids were adorable and Makaela had her first co-ed bath (don't tell Dad). The party itself was a drag. I expected some major movie fun, but it was just a bunch of tweeners and some super weird adults (not like we are totally normal for going to a DVD release party). It was just a bunch of people answering trivia being yelled out to a crowd- total chaos, but I did get my movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment