Monday, July 30, 2012

Zoo to You

While my mom was here, I took advantage of some toddler reading times.  One time we went to one being held at our amenity center (and Mia was oddly calm and patient during the reading) and then I took Makaela to a library event called Zoo to You.  Since it was geared to older kids, my mom stayed home with Mia, while Makaela and I went.  We met up with a friend and her children there and the JAX zoo gave a cute presentation of animals and animal facts.  At the end we got to touch some of the animals.  They kept the snake, skink, and tarantula under glass, but interestingly enough, we got to tough the alligator.  Makaela kept saying they put a band-aid on top of his nose so he wouldn't bite us.

Her favorite was the armadillo though.  Unfortunately, as a result of this presentation, she now recognizes them as the roadkill we tend to see while we are driving (they are all over FL).  The other day, she asked me to stop and bring the armadillo to the vet, so we can get him better.  We had an interesting conversation about sometimes being too late.  It's crazy how quickly she is growing up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment