Sunday, December 23, 2012

32 weeks 5 days

Since I have gotten to the hospital, I have continued to leak fluid. My once large pregnant belly is now starting to shrink down in size.  The nurses have commented that my belly looks so tiny compared to the other women on the floor.  Unfortunately I haven't been taking pictures periodically of this pregnancy so I don't have much to compare it too, but I feel like I look more like 24 weeks pregnant than 32.  There are 6 women (including myself) who are staying on this floor to prevent early labor.  The woman who is in the hospital room next to mine has been here since Thanksgiving and they plan on keeping her here until 37 weeks (she is only 34 now).  Her water hasn't broken yet, so they are trying to get her to deliver as close to term as possible but she has a placenta abruption which can cause the baby to miscarry.  There is another woman on the floor who doctors are trying to get her to 24 weeks just to give the baby a fighting chance in the NICU.  So right about now I'm feeling very grateful I am in the situation I am because there is always a worse spot to be in.  The baby still proves to be a wild one and is constantly moving.  Her heart rate has been perfect and if anything, she will probably be a quite adaptable child.  She seems to be comfortable in  her little shrink wrapped home right now so I think she is going to be a kid that will go with the flow and make the best of it (sounds like an Aquarian already :-)  


No comments:

Post a Comment