Tuesday, December 18, 2012

32 Weeks!!

We have reached the 32 week mark!  Yeah for small victories.  Doctors thought I would have probably gone into labor by now, but we are holding fast.  At this point (according to babycenter.com), baby has more suckling reflexes so hopefully that helps us jump one more hurdle in the NICU.  Everyday counts.  She is bouncing up a storm in my belly and all our scans, bloodwork and whatnot continues to look great.  Doctors and nurses are very pleased.  I am down to half the the fluid I was admitted with (approx 2.3 mls), but doctors will let her hang out in there with no fluid so long as she is still happy and there is no sign of infection. 

As I mentioned before I am super busy with grading and lesson planning so there has been little downtime (I am watching an entire season of Parenthood, but am using it as a reward after I get another thing crossed off my "To Do" list). The biggest problem is me missing the girls so Matt and my mom have been trying to bring them up as much as they can, but it's not the same. My mom got a bunch of toys for the girls to play with while they are here and my friend Kristin sent up a care package with other toys and decorations for the girls to hang all over my room. Other than that, we have been creative with some of our activities. They love it when the nurses come in.  Makaela is always grilling them about my next "needle". Thanks kid- I already look like  a pin cushion.

Playing with princesses in mommy's mechanical bed


This is Matt's usual position when he brings the girls up. Poor guy.  I'm glad I can "babysit" them so he can get a bit of shut eye. 

Making my room more festive for the holidays

coloring and coloring some more!

Practicing to hop over the line- trying to stay as active as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment