Sunday, December 9, 2012

Our new master bath

Matt has a thing with blue...always has.  I had found a picture on Pinterest of a shocking blue color (the hallway stairs pictures for those who follow me on pinterest) and Matt fell in love with the combo of the blue, white and dark wood, so he decided he would try it out in our bathroom.  At first I didn't like it, but after some time (and me scouring Pinterest for ideas to soften up the room), I got used to it and am enjoying it now.  I went out to Hobby Lobby and found a paisley fabric that matched the dark wood and the blue perfectly, so I covered the stool seat with it.  I also bought white towels and stitched a band of the fabric into the towels to make them more decorative (since we really had a tough time matching towels up with this color).  I had a war with the sewing machine and so for the past few weeks I have been hand stitching towels while watching my DVRed shows (and I only have a few pin pricks to boot).

Need to get some large brown vases for the crazy blue flowers I bought and need to find a large piece of art for over the tub but for now, this works.

another pinterest inspired creation.  I took pictures of the fabric, isolated the paisley and make photos out of them for wall art.

A better close up of my towels and my newly repainted clock.

1 comment:

  1. Your husband has a good taste in combining colors. The blue complement nicely with white and dark wood. It's quite hard to pick colors for the bathroom, especially when mixing different colors. You have to make sure that it will not make the room darker. And this one is just perfect. Kudos to your husband! -Majestic Exteriors

    ReplyDelete