Friday, January 18, 2013

Madi a "Greybie"?

While I was in the hospital, the nurses were constantly saying how busy they were and how many babies were being born daily.  In fact, I wasn't even staying in the labor and delivery wing because there was no room.  Me and five other ladies (those being watched for preterm delivery) were housed in another wing.  Luckily, when Madi entered the NICU, for many days she was one of two residents, but the labor and delivery unit was still bustling.

Anyway,I was flipping through a magazine last night and came across an article titled "I'm Having Christian Grey's baby!" and the subtitle was "Forget the water. There's something in the pages of E.L. James's series that caused this winter's baby boom. From teh OB to the mom-to-be, we meet the "Greybies".  I thought to myself, "How silly", but later in the article, I saw a quote "Fifty Shades sales peaked this past May. Fast forward 40 weeks and ...hello baby".  It dawned on me... I had started reading the series at the end of last school year...May to be exact and we then found out we were pregnant in June...ummmm.  I wonder if Madi is a "Greybie"?
http://www.parenting.com/blogs/project-pregnancy/melanie-parentingcom/fifty-shades-grey?cid=searchresult

No comments:

Post a Comment