Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Breezy Point

Since I can remember, my family has had  a cabana down at the Breezy Point Surf Club.  The last time I was down here, Makaela was a baby and I was pregnant with Mia.  Matt had never been and he had heard so many stories of Breezy, I needed to get him there.  Unfortunately, it wasn't a weekend when the softball games are going on and the parties are in full tilt, but he got the idea.  It was crazy seeing Breezy again because much of it burned down or was destroyed in Hurricane Sandy.  The reconstruction was amazing.  I had always said I would love to move here- it's still NY (with all the attitude and culture of NY), but it's a very tight beach community with one grocery store, beachy sidewalks, a very active patriotic Irish Catholic community. From one side of Breezy you get inlet views of NYC skyline and the other side is Atlantic Ocean.
Soaking up the sun

Mia enjoying the kiddie pool



Madi just chillin
 The cabanas are all styled differently- it's amazing what people can do with 250-300 square feet.  Ours has a mini kitchen, shower/changing area, back deck and a mini living room


Makaela and Patty Ann found lots of shells at the beach

Mia and Uncle Donald playing ball


Makaela found some friends

Madi and Aunt Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment