Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Our trek to NY

Matt had found cheap airline tickets so he thought it would be best to have me and the three girls fly up to NY instead of driving with him.  We thought 4 hours of cooped up chaos would be better than the 20 hours in a  car.  Matt dropped us off at the airport early because he had to go to work.  I procrastinated and let the girls wander all over the airport before heading to the gate.  Once we got to the gate we found out our flight was delayed. An hour later, our flight was canceled.  We were booked out of another flight at 6pm but we would have a layover.  Luckily, Jacksonville airport has a USO, so we went there to hang out. The girls got snacks and played on the computers.  Mia was potty training so I was glad the USO was near the restrooms because I had to pack the girls up and bring them back and forth to the potty at least 6 times. When Mia has to poop, she keeps going back and forth.  By the time she finally did, she ran out shouting, "I pooped, I pooped" and the skycaps were congratulating her.  THen we headed through security for the second time and found out our plane was delayed yet again.  We would end up missing our connection at this point.  I didn't mind being stranded in JAX because matt could pick us up after his shift, but being stuck in Charlotte NC was a whole different story.  We got rebooked on a flight to Newark and my friend Kristin graciously agreed to pick us up and let us stay with her.
The girls were so good and tried to occupy themselves.  Mia was exhausted though and I found her curled up in the fetal position next to me while I was standing in line.

 The trip to Kristin's house was an added bonus.  The girls had a great time playing until my mom picked us up (she was driving up the coast and through NJ that day).  It was so nice watching the girls play- I hope their friendships will be just as close and mine and Kristin's are some day.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment