Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Back to Teaching

So this was my second week back to teaching and I'm happy to report that I still like my students. I have a few students in my homeroom who complained that they hate to read and were trying to avoid the silent reading period. I gave two students books I just purchased this summer (from the Percy Jackson series) late last week and today, I actually had to scold my male student because he was sneaking reading instead of doing a test. He looked up at me and whined that he was almost done and just wanted to find out what happened. I was thrilled even though I had to put on a tough face, because he wasn't doing what he was supposed to, but so happy to see that he liked the book. He has been teasing my female student that he is further along than she is in the book, but she told him she was going to read all weekend to try to "beat" him to the ending. I truly don't mind bickering like this in my class. It really is refreshing to be back with the students. Now let's see how long this lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment