Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day 2011


Valentine's Day was a bit sad this year because Matt wasn't around to help us celebrate it, but Makaela and I tried to get into the spirit. Makaela and I made Matt sugar cookies, used food
coloring markers and wrote/drew little messages on the cookies for him before mailing them off to Iraq. We had loads of fun (or rather I had loads of fun) dressing the girls up in the same shirts and taking pictures.
On Valentine's Day, my co-worker Terry, came in and gave me a cookie she made. She said she
knew I wasn't spending Valentine's with my sweetheart, but hopefully this cookie would cheer me up- it was delish!! Terry is such a wonderful person. Over 8 1/2 years ago, she ran m
y doorbell in Waikele and had made Matt and I a gorgeous wedding cake for our Hawaii wedding. She does find wonderful ways of mixing up sugar and a bit of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment