Saturday, February 19, 2011

Makaela-isms Part 3

-When Brooke is scolded, Monica or Melissa will say "Brooke Elizabeth Weida", so the other day, when I was scolding Makaela, I said, "Kaela" and she barked back "No, you say Makaela Torrie Hoffman".
Later when she was upset with me, she said, "Mommy Torrie Hoffman- I no like that!"

-We have been telling Makaela that she is a big girl, especially now that Mia is the baby of the house, so these words came back to bite me. A recent conversation played out like this:
"Mommy, can I drive. Gimme the keys."
"No Makaela, you're still little."
"No Mom, you said I was a big girl, so now I can drive"
...did I say that?

-I guess when I find myself in bad situation, I mutter to myself "I can't believe I did this, I can't believe I did this." The other day I got my keys stuck in the ignition and must have been saying that because when I let Makaela out for babysitting, she hopped up in the driver's seat, fiddled with the keys and muttered, "I can't believe you did this Ma, I can't believe you did this."- yeah, thanks kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment