Sunday, February 27, 2011

Aloha Ducotes

On Saturday, we had a beach day with the ladies to celebrate Lisa's last weekend on the island. Even though I knew they were planning on moving eventually, the news that they were actually moving, floored me. As exciting as it is that they are starting a new chapter in their lives in Houston, it made me realize how much I was going to miss my friend. The day was a nice reminder of how lucky we are that we have lived in paradise and to have formed friendships that we have. After the ladies spent the day together gossiping and sunbathing, the rest of the families came and we turned it into an "Aloha Ducotes" picnic dinner. The sunset was amazing and the kids ran themselves silly.
Again, it was a bittersweet celebration, but I am so grateful for all the memories (and looking forward to all the future trips we'll plan to Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment