Friday, March 16, 2012

New Routines

Florida is lovely, but it will take some getting used to. My new job has been insane and I feel like I have no time for my family or myself. I am grateful to have my job, but it has been taxing, so I have had to figure out how I could work in life and work. I have started making the week dinners on Sunday to freeze and defrost or microwave during the week, prepping my lunches for the week and then scheduling chores for specific days. When I lesson plan, I will make sure that I only have one graded writing assignment per week, so I don't get backlogged in the grading. Everything else is a check mark in the book. While my weekend is packed with planning, my weekdays are less stressful and I get to hang out with the girls and go for a run to the park at least a few times during the week.

Matt has been dealing with working one week days and then the next week nights, so his sleeping and schedule is all out of whack. For one week, we don't get to see each other because I leave before he wakes and he gets home when I am asleep (it's like Iraq all over again other than chores get mysteriously done while I'm at work :-) It doesn't look like this is going to change any time soon either.

Makaela is also having a hard time adjusting. She keeps saying we are going to move back to Hawaii because she has been away from her Brookie, Abby, Kenzie, Kaila and Gavin for too long. Tonight I couldn't get her off the phone with Uncle Brian...thankfully, she kept leaning against he phone and kept hanging up on him, otherwise he would have had a tough time getting rid of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment