Saturday, March 17, 2012

Softball

When Matt first asked if I wanted to watch a softball tournament he was in, I had images of screaming kids running in different directions, sweating in the sun and being around people who used words I didn't want my kids hearing. Sounded lovely, but I went anyway. I was pleasantly surprised. Makaela met friends immediately and was basically on her own (within my eyesight) and Mia was quite content cheering, waving at her dad and eating during the games.

Matt did great. He had three homeruns and it was very exciting to watch. I think the JAX NAS boys have found themselves a new player.

All was good until I asked another wife to watch Mia while I hurried Makaela off to the restroom. I could hear her screaming the moment I stepped in the restroom and then it took us a while to calm her down even when I got back. This is what I get for trying to skip her nap time. It was a nice quiet ride home (girls slept the whole way).

No comments:

Post a Comment