Monday, May 27, 2013

Life Flight and Memorial Day

We had a very eventful Memorial Day and did it all within one mile of our home.  First we had a beautiful breakfast in our sunroom.  Then we all cleaned the house because Matt decided to invite the entire block over to our house for a party (yes, I had a mild panic attack, but I have never seen a family clean house faster than us- I was pretty impressed).  I took Makaela and Mia to the pool because they were having a Memorial Day luau.  It's very funny to see "Hawaiian" dancers and be at a mainland luau after living in Hawaii for so long...doesn't really measure up, but it did bring back memories.  Makaela and I reminisced over past May Days and some of her memories of Hawaii.  Mia ended up perfecting the cheerleader pose in the pool.  She would stand up on my hands, then jump off and say "Again mama, again".  We are going to put her into swim lessons this year because she is not happy staying in the toddler section. 

Our neighbor, who is a firefighter, told us that LifeFlight (a rescue helicopter) was going to land at the fire station and let kids check out the coptor, so we went over to the station and met up with our neighbors to learn about the helicopter. 
The N Cappero kids learning about how they transport sick people in the helicopter.

Pilot Mia

She liked the view from this seat

Makaela asked the pilot if girls could be pilots (I guess since she only saw men, she asked) and he said there were only three female helicopter pilots in Florida.  Makaela said "maybe I will be number 4".  My little feminist!

No comments:

Post a Comment