Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mia Chia

Mia's school teacher calls her "Mia Chia" and apparently the name has stuck.  When people ask Mia what her name is, she says "Mia Chia" and the kids in her class call her the same.  Her teacher apologized, but we think it's pretty cute. 

Mia has an interesting way of categorizing sizes.  Everything is in the relation of relatives.  For example, the big cows are "daddy" cows, the medium sized cows are "mommy" or "granma" cows and the calves are "baby" cows.  This applies to everything: leaves, birds, toys, etc.  She knows what big and little are, but still prefers to call everything by daddy/mommy/baby instead.

I also love to see how kids generalize.  I remember studying about this in child development but now I see it in play.  We have had a lot of rain recently and the worms have decided to use our garage as their dry haven.  When she first saw the worms, she recoiled and said "Snakes, snakes".

She narrates everything she does and is a crazy daredevil.  She climbs up to the moneybars (the ones you need to swing across to make to the other side) and hangs on them.  If I don't get to her in time, she falls down.  It totally freaks me out, but she continues to do it.  On the way home from the park, she told me "I running mama" and off she went. She ran almost half way home before she took a knee and said, "water mama".  After she took a swig, she said, "I running again mama".  Maybe she will be my track star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment