Monday, May 20, 2013

Senior Prank Day

I tried to drive into the faculty parking lot one Monday morning (as if Mondays aren't bad enough) to find that all the parking spots were taken up and some were taken up by cars parked across three spots.  I was miffed until I found out that it was senior prank day and the seniors had come in at 5am to block off the spots. I thought, "Touche", but as I looked around I realized I was surrounded by BMWs, Range Rovers, Mercedes and Lexuses (among a few other pricey vehicles).  The prank became a rude reminder how unfair life is as I drove my 8 year old Hyundai to the back freshman lot and walked to campus.  17 year olds with $50K cars...hmmm. More than I make in a year.  What did I expect though, it's not like I got into teaching for the money.
 THey were very organized.  They had blocked all the stairways with cups of water and then once we got to the top (after knocking over the watered cups and walking in them), we were met with landings full of Bisquick-so I ended up with pancake batter all over my shoes.  Desks were piled up and pushed all over and the kids had even commandeered the PA system.  I actually loved that part- great play list!


No comments:

Post a Comment