Friday, May 31, 2013

Makaela's graduation

Makaela graduated from VPK today and we celebrated all day long. I picked up Makaela early from school and we had a mommy/daughter afternoon.  First we went shopping...for shoes!  Of course Makaela managed to lose one of her own sneakers mid way through our shopping so we had to run back to stores to look for her shoe (how she walked around to different stores and didn't notice she was only wearing one shoe is beyond me).  Then we went to get her nails done. The woman was speaking Vietnamese to another manicurist and Makaela spoke up and said, "I can't understand you.  I only speak English".  The lady got a kick out of that comment. Makaela had her nails painted blue to match her graduation gown and the lady added some cute designs to Makaela's nails.  Then we straightened her hair.  Matt made the mistake of telling her she looked like she was 16 and thought that was the best compliment ever.

 We got their early, but the place was already packed out.  It was standing room only.  I never realized how big pre-K graduations were, but now going through it, I get it.  We were excited and it made us realize our baby is growing up (a bit too fast for our liking too).
Mia got lots of love from Grandma during the ceremony

Our graduate!

Madi was as interested but she was pretty well behaved during the ceremony.
 Makaela got to act out the role of the Hungry Hungry catepillar.  I didn't understand what she was talking about when she was referring to a puppet show and I was glad I didn't.  This was a pleasant surprise.  I was laughing so hard, I was crying. Excuse the sideways video.
 At one point she realized that a boy skipped his part and called him out in the middle of the performance.

Makaela a natural actress.
 
After Makaela sat down from her puppet show, the students asked the parents for words so they could break the words up into syllables.  Then Makaela and her friend Nolan got up to show the parents how well they learned their blending.  I was amazed how many parts Makaela had in the ceremony. 

This picture was from a sideshow of their class throughout the year- it was Dr. Suess's bday

 
Mia yelled out "Yeah Kaela" a few times and after Makaela got her "diploma", Mia ran over to sit on her lap.
Makaela and Ms. Amanda
Makaela and Ms. Jackie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment