Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Bed buddy

Bailey has gotten into a routine every morning. After we wake up, I find him outside Makaela's room, waiting to wake her up. He seems to get a lot of joy in doing that. This morning, I didn't find him outside her room, but when I peeked in, I found that he was actually up in bed with her and was gently rubbing up against her to wake her up. Usually she is terrible to wake up (lots of groaning, rolling around, diving back into the pillow- just like Mom), but this morning she woke up with a smile on her face and I heard her say, "Morning Bailey...love you, mwa" and planted a big one on his nose. When she looked over and saw me, she said, "Bailey silly". It was such a great moment. She was pleasant all morning. Guess she woke up on the right side of the bed and Bailey has a new morning chore.

Tonight when I put her to bed, Bailey was right next to her again and stayed there with her for a good 15 minutes or so. Who needs teddy bears when you have a fluffy white dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment