Friday, February 26, 2010

Daycare Graduation

Today was Makaela's last day at the daycare she has been going to for 2 1/2 years. It was a bittersweet day. On one hand, we are excited to get Makaela into preschool and interacting with more kids her own age, but on the other hand, Leanda (her daycare provider) has been so good to Makaela, it's hard to leave. As we were driving away, Makaela said, "I want auntie". Especially in the past few months, Makaela has been learning so much at Leanda's, the growth has been amazing. Makaela has learned how to draw straight lines (which take some practice with little toddler hands), learned how to hold scizzors and cut strips of paper, knows all her shapes, colors, numbers up to 20 (although she does love the #39- she can't count that high, but just likes the number, especially when used to get something "I want dirty-nine cookies mama") and has started writing her M's. I can't believe she is ready for preschool. I am in awe of how fast she is growing and even as I celebrate her writing an M, I know that the years will fly by before I find myself celebrating her first research paper grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment