Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 2

Today we woke up and headed for a walk to the zoo. I had forgotten Makaela's stroller at home, so we took a nice family stroll through Waikiki (broken up by a breakfast pit stop at Moose's). Makaela definitely got the best seat in the house riding on Daddy's shoulders. Matt said it was good practice for all the weight he would be carrying on his back in training and Iraq (not like her 28 pounds even compares to the weight he will be carrying). Makaela loved showing Daddy around the zoo since she remembered where most of the animals were located.

After nap, we headed out to the pool. As everyone knows, I am very forgetful. Overly so and it seems that Makaela has picked up on this. So far this weekend, I forgot to pack her stroller and any underwear for her (she was not happy having to wear pull ups) and have forgotten the camera in our room so far, sunblock, and her swimmy, which forces us to ride the elevator back up to the room and delay pool time. As we were leaving our room to head down to the pool, Makaela thought she would help me out by giving me her mental checklist. We were walking down the hallway, when she stopped, turned around, threw her hand on her hip and said, "Ma, you got sunbwock?" "Yes" "You got me swimmy?" "Yep." "You got camera?" "Yep" "You got me cereal?" "Yes Makaela, I have it" "Ok, we go now". What would I do without her?

we got to the pool and basically, she rode the waterslide until closed. It was such a great pool. I love seeing how independent she is getting. She is very proud of her new swimming abilities (aka drowning, but whatever). Our perfect day ended with dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and a strawberry shortcake. I love vacation!

Makaela and Daddy being silly.



Makaela heading down the waterslide.

No comments:

Post a Comment