Thursday, July 29, 2010

On our way to NY

Makaela has been very excited to go to Grandma's house since we told her we were going to NY although her OCDness kicked in when we picked her up from preschool. Once again, she went through the checklist with me to make sure I packed everything I needed to (of course all the items were items which pertained to her). She was great on the flights and slept most of the way. We arrived in NY at 11:30am, so when we arrived at my parent's house, Makaela asked for her coat. I didn't understand so I told her she didn't need a coat because it is summertime. She looked at me all puzzled and said, "Ok, I want me jacket". Again, baffled, I asked her "Why?" She said, "So I can go and play in the log cabin". My parents still have the log cabin we had as children in the backyard, but the last time Makaela played in it, NY had a foot of snow, so she had to wear her coat when she played in the cabin...it's amazing how much they remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment