Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Big Sister in Training

I have been very tired lately and neglecting my blogging, but I need to get some of these stories down before I forget them.

-She has finally learned that her new sister will be called Mia, not Mee-na.

-At bedtime Makaela asks, "Cuddle for me mama", so I lay down in her little toddler bed and cuddle with her the best I can. Of course this is when Mia thinks it's time to wake up, so my belly usually experiences a lot of action. Last night I asked if Makaela if she wanted to feel the baby move. They got all excited when she felt something, but the excitement was short-lived. I guess feeling her mama's belly is not that engaging. About a minute later into our cuddle session, she leans up, looks at my belly, then at me and says with her eyebrows furrowed "Mama, Mia pushed me- (then talking directly to my belly) no push me Mia." I can just feel the sisterly love blossoming!

-When I do her hair in the morning, I sit her between my legs on the chair. This morning, she slide off the chair, so what does this darling child say to me, "Your belly no fit on the chair anymore". Thanks kid!

-We have a very tight routine in the morning, so I can make it to school on time. If she wakes up early, she knows she can watch Dora while I dress her. This morning, after dressing her, I thought I would let her stay upstairs watching TV until I was done prepping and packing the car. At 6:40, Makaela still wasn't downstairs, which is odd because Dora ends at 6:30 so I went upstairs to investigate. Makaela was still sitting on my bed watching Dora. When I asked what was going on, she got all excited and told me that there were two Doras on. Unbeknownst to me Nickelodean changed their morning lineup, so I tell her "We can't watch two Doras- that's too much TV (especially when I need to leave the house in 5 minutes)." Then she retorts, "Ma, it's not five Doras, just two" and tsks me under her breath. Suddenly I'm the overdramatic Mom...when did this happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment