Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hanging around with Dad

It's been nice to have Matt home. Since he is on leave, he doesn't have to rush to work every morning, but he has been getting up and driving both me and Makaela to school every morning. Makaela and Daddy have resumed their pancakes and eggies breakfast dates and once again, the little miss is getting spoiled. She is definitely getting used to having her two parents around all the time and is basically dictating which one she will spend time with (this is a euphemism for "bossiness"). We frequently hear the following:
  • "You no drive mommy. My daddy drive instead"
  • "My daddy take me to school"
  • "No talk daddy, I talking to my mommy"
  • "You and mommy share nighttime. You do bubbles and mommy read for me" [referring to our nighttime routines]
  • When Matt talks to her about the fact that he will have to leave again, she says, "I go with you Daddy" (augh)

I can tell you what she is not getting used to though: having to watch and listen to football games again and having her daddy leave the toilet seat up.

No comments:

Post a Comment