Monday, September 20, 2010

Makaela-isms

A friend of mine has running blog entries called "Tidbits from ..." and they are all the funny things that her daughter says. Makaela has finally entered that age where some of her comments are downright hysterical and I need to share them or else I may forget. So, here goes:
  • Makaela and I were working on her Fisher Price computer she got for her bday from her grandparents. There is a program that teaches habitats, so we were checking out the rainforest habitat and I said, "oh, here is a parrot". She turns to me and says, "Ma, that's no parrot, it's a scarlet macaw." And here I thought watching TV zapped the mind- thanks Diego for making mom look like an idiot.

  • She wanted me to drive Leila over to Monica and Brian's house and when I asked why, she said, "Brooke sad. She no have no doggies. I have two. I share her Leila and I keep Bailey." When I told her that I would miss Leila, she said, "But Uncle Brian will drive her back some days". Didn't know there were such things as doggy visitations.

  • She has been fascinated with my teeth lately (well ever since my cap fell off and I had to get a silver cap). While looking at them one night, she said, "Your teeth dirty. I go brush mine so mine don't look ugly like yours". Better learn that now kid and save me lots of future dentist bills.

  • As we were getting ready for bed, I caught her jumping up in the air and wiggling her butt. When I asked her what she was doing she said, "I'm Mia, wiggling my butt in your belly." So cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment