Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Surprise at Rainforest Cafe

Since the girls were cooped up in the hotel and the hospital yesterday, we tried to do something fun out in Texas today. We headed to The Rainforest Cafe (my fav place!) because I thought Makaela and Mia would enjoy the animal decorations (and did I mention it's my favorite place). While we waited for a table, Makaela had no problem shopping in the restaurant's shop and Daddy so lovingly obliged to buy her things (let the spoiling begin). It was so nice to eat together as a family again and as we were packing up, Matt offered change Mia's diaper since he had "not it"ed me earlier that morning with a particularly foul diaper. Matt looks at me and asked, "Did you feed her something yellow?" Mia had exploded and we had no idea. She sat in her highchair in the middle of the Rainforest Cafe, smiling, happy as a pig in ----, literally. Matt took off to the restroom, holding Mia at an arms distance. When he returned, he simply said, "I need a new shirt...now". We ran off to Old Navy and Matt's first T shirt was quickly chucked.
In all the commotion, Makaela still got a chance to ride the toddler train in the mall. Of course she had to have me and Mia ride along too (and the spoiling continues).

No comments:

Post a Comment