Monday, January 23, 2012

Islands of Adventure

Matt and Mia stayed at the resort the first day while we were in Orlando, so Donna, Ger, Joe, Makaela and I headed to Islands of Adventure. We loved Suess land because it was all decked out in Christmas decorations. Makaela was not happy about being dragged away from the rides to see The Grinch (we arrived on the last day it was playing). She fussed and moaned the entire time we were waiting in line, but once the show started, she was mesmorized and talked about it the entire day ("Why is the grinch mean? I don't like mean people. Well if all these people are on line to see the Grinch again, does this mean he is going to go back to being mean?")
After the show we had her face painted and she was in heaven. We didn't get to hit up as many rides as we would have liked, but I did make it to the Harry Potter area and we went on the rides. We took Makaela on a Flight of the Hypogriff (a wooden rollercoaster which was really fast) and she loved it. Wanted to go on it again. At this point, we left Makaela with my aunt and uncle and Joe and I ran around doing the "single rider" lines for the big rollercoasters. I felt like I was 10 again. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment