Sunday, January 22, 2012

Last Ko'olina Sunset

Even after our staycation, we weren't ready to say goodbye just yet, so Katie, Steph and I met up for a sunset picnic dinner at Ko'olina. The kids ran around silly as the adults were trying to avoid the inevitable. It is so difficult leaving Hawaii because we have such amazing friends, it almost feels like I am leaving part of me behind. I know I will have amazing adventures in Florida and am trying to stay optimistic but moving will definitely create a loss in our lives. While Matt was away, these friends were everything to me- labor coaches, babysitters, advice counselors, peer editors, confidants, movers, you name it, they did it. Saying goodbye that night was tough and as I drove away crying, Makaela said, "It's okay mom, we will just have to come back and visit really soon!"

No comments:

Post a Comment