Monday, August 20, 2012

Back to School

Summer went by too quickly.  I think the combination of my morning sickness (that lasted all day) and the heat prevented me from getting to all the little projects I was planning on doing.  I had grand schemes, but alas, they were not realized.  Oh well.
      I have to admit, I wasn't ready to go back to work but when I returned to school, I found out my classroom was changed.  Normally this would have been horrid, but since I had only been there for 6 months, I didn't have much to pack, plus, when admin changes your room, the custodians do all the packing and moving for you!  I had asked for  a new room because my old room had no windows, left me totally isolated from other teachers, was freezing and it was close to the gym so on occasion, it smelled a little ripe.  I seriously think my old classroom was depressing me.  I asked, but was not promised anything.  I now have a new cheerful room with windows and am in a pod, so have lots of teachers around me.  I'm already more sociable and with a new classroom, I finally feel like I have my own space and place at Ponte Vedra. Hopefully this is a good start.
      Makaela is quite excited about starting VPK (Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten). We met her teachers at orientation and Makaela didn't want to leave.  The first day she came home with a picture of her family.  The new baby already has a spot in her pictures (the baby is in the center).  Makaela spent a lot of this summer practicing her letters, sounds, math, etc to prep for VPK so on the first day she came home to tell me, "They didn't ask me about my numbers and everything was so easy.  I don't know if this class is smart enough for me."  My, what a snob!
     Mia got moved into a different toddler class, but still sees her old teacher in the afternoons during aftercare.

No comments:

Post a Comment