Monday, August 6, 2012

OB visit with the family

Matt and I went to our first OB appointment while my mom was in town.  We both like the new doctor; she seems really laid back (in a good way).  While waiting to be seen however, Matt and I noticed an interesting light fixture.  I was amused, so I had to take a picture of it.  This past Thursday, the whole family went in to my initial ultrasound screening to get a peek at the newest Hoffman member.  Makaela, almost immediately, pointed out the "fun" light and said she wanted one in our house just like it (not so sure about that kid).
I should have gotten a close up, but the colored hanging lights are eggs and there are sperm hanging from them.
 Baby Hoffman #3 seems to be doing well, however, Makaela was horrified when she saw the ultrasound.  She wanted to know why our new baby was grey.  The ultrasound tech was wonderful and answered many of Makaela's questions (even though we were desperately trying to shush her).  When the tech asked if we wanted to find out if the baby was a boy or a girl, Makaela jumped right to it and answered, "Yes, we do!"  I told the tech I wasn't sure I wanted to know, but it was just as well because the baby was in a fetal position and at only 12 1/2 weeks, wasn't in a position that the tech could easily see a gender.  Better not guess.  Both girls got their own picture of the baby though.
Baby Hoffman #3

No comments:

Post a Comment