Sunday, August 19, 2012

Germophobes

Just recently, Matt found out that I am a bit of a "germophobe" (as he calls it).  It started with a conversation about what occurs when he takes Makaela into the men's room when she has to go.  I was basically checking to see if he put down toilet paper and what not and it got into how I skeeve public toilet areas, how  most women hover over the toilets instead of sitting down and how I avoid touching the door handle after I wash my hands.  I'm not sure, what I think many women do this, so I don't think I'm OCD or anything.  Anyway, that became an topic that Matt started poking fun at me about.  He asked if I hover over the toilets in my home and I had to admit that when he has poker tournaments, I don't use the small restroom until I have had a chance to clean it thoroughly (and I usually clean it before Makaela can use it too).

Anyway, we were in church, and Makaela noticed that people were drinking the wine from the same cup.  Out loud, she said, "Why are people sharing all their germs. Don't they know that drinking out of the same cup as strangers is re-susting (her version of disgusting)?"  With that, Matt looked at me and said, "Oh man, she is so your daughter.  I see you passed along the germophobe gene."  Hey...never can be too careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment