Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Adjustment Period

Makaela is loving being a big sister, but I can tell she is having some adjustment issues because we have been having some issues with behavior. There is a lot of whining and crying (which I think is her mimicking Mia), sassiness (which is her asserting her "big girl" status and independence) and a lot of boo-boos, most of which are fake (which is her plea for attention). I know why this is happening and I am trying to be patient, but it can be trying at times, especially when I am sleep deprived. Luckily I have had my mom staying with us to help out and as a result, she has been addressing and taking the brunt of Makaela's mini-tantrums. In efforts to get Makaela out of the house (since being cooped up isn't helping her behavior), we headed out to the swap meet. Looked like all the girl needed was some fresh air and some shopping to soothe her.
In a moment of tenderness, Makaela decided to "feed" us her shave ice, opening up her own mouth so we would mimic her while she fed us. I remember Matt used to make fun of me for this because when I would feed Makaela when she was little, I would do the same thing. It was a reminder that she is still so little even if she is trying to fill the role of the "big sister". I have to remember that she is only 3, not 13.

No comments:

Post a Comment