Thursday, November 11, 2010

Two Grandmas are Better than One


I have been very lucky to have so many supportive family members line up to help out after I came home from the hospital. Originally Grammy Hoffman was supposed to fly out to be here a bit before my due date, but since Mia arrived 11 days early, there was going to be a gap between leaving the hospital and her arrival and my mom decided to fly out on the spur of the moment. My mom arrived the day I came home from the hospital and immediately got to work cooking, cleaning, changing diapers and entertaining Makaela. She was there for Mia's infant pictures and Mia's first outing to the beach. We had a few funny moments like Mia's nonstop pooping and the gecko that decided to take up residence in one of my light fixtures. I am so grateful for the nights when she took Mia so I could get a few uninterrupted hours of sleep.
The day before she left, Linda arrived and we all went out for a family dinner at
Dixie Grill as a thank you dinner to my mom and a welcome/happy birthday dinner for Linda.
The Weida servers hooked us up with some screaming Mai Tais for the grandmas and sundaes for Makaela and myself.
It was sad to see my mom go, but we will be heading to New York for the holidays so we will be able to see her again in a month and of course, she was leaving us in good hands with Grammy Hoffman here.

No comments:

Post a Comment