Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Adjusting to two on my own

Donna flew back to NY a bit early so now I am alone with the two girls. I definitely think I have been spoiled having family here to help out and now I find myself thinking "Oh, no- I can't just run out to the grocery store quickly. I have to pack both of them up" and then I find something else to eat instead :-) We are falling into routines and I'm proud to report that I am mastering the double bath time pretty well. I even made it out for a walk to the park with the two girls and the two dogs. What is difficult is trying to give both girls the attention they need and also take care of the household chores. I am constantly doing laundry and it seems that as soon as I start a task, one of the girls needs me and the task remains half done until I realize it 8 hours later. Prior to Mia's birth, I would have never left the downstairs messy at night. I would put Makaela to bed and then clean up before I went to bed. Now, sleep is more important and I find myself looking at all the princesses and puzzle pieces on the floor and thinking "I got the laundry done today, that's enough. I'll get to the rest tomorrow" and happily walk myself and Mia up to bed. Oh, how things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment