Saturday, December 18, 2010

Mamas and Daughters

We spent the night at my friends' Kristin and Donald's house in Mountainside NJ after our potluck night. Spending time with Kris was like being sucked back to 12 years ago. We were still lounging in our college shirts and sweats, dressing up (I went "shopping" in her closet for some winter attire and cracked us up with my post-baby body. Normally decent clothes became very scandalous), playing games (matt was great with hide-and-seek), and commenting over celebrity gossip (as if we were talking about people we actually knew). The only difference was that we both have two little girls: one at the toddler stage and one in the infant stage. So much as changed, yet so much has stayed the same. Hopefully our little girls can be as close as we were and if there was any inclination from Makaela's phrase "I wanna see my friend Liv", it sounds like they might.

No comments:

Post a Comment