Monday, December 27, 2010

Our first snowman!



The east coast got a very interesting post-Christmas gift: 16 inches of snow. It started on the 26th and caused us to cancel our plans to visit my cousins. It was good that we cancelled because it started coming down and did not stop until the next morning. Matt and Joey were out shoveling every few hours in efforts to lessen the shoveling job once the snowfall had finished. My dad joked with us, telling us that we bring snow. Last year when we came to NY for Christmas, it snowed too. Makaela got to experience the snow last year, but this year I think she had a greater appreciation for it. She wanted to build a snowman so badly. So, even though I wasn't thrilled about heading outside in the brutal weather with no real snow gear, I did have a great time building Makaela's first snowman with her. What was even funnier was watching Makaela get stuck in the snowdrifts. She kept wandering towards the "bigga snow", not realizing that it was going to make her sink further into it.
my snow bunny

No comments:

Post a Comment