Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween 2011

My entire team got into the spirit of Halloween today for our students. We all dressed up as puns, literary characters or idioms and the kids had to guess what we were. We got pretty clever. We had two costume changes and some examples were Russ taping a quarter on his back (Quarterback), Trish dressing in black with a stamp on her (blackmail), Terry's shirt that had ears sewn on it (I'm all ears), Desiree with hair coming out of her tank top and wearing a flower pot on her head (Harry Potter) and me wearing peppers on my shirt (Dr. Pepper). No one guess that costume, but they did my first costume. I wore a pig mask Makaela had made in school and wrapped myself in a blanket (Pig in a Blanket).
After school I got the girls dressed (Makaela was Rapunzel and Mia was a ladybug) and we headed over to the Weidas for the second annual Treat or Treating Gala. This year our group grew considerably with the addition of the 2010 babies.
 Some costumes were shared so we had a replay of the Little Mermaid, the Strawberry Fairy, and the Ladybug and all the kids looked adorable. This year the parents didn't dress up, but we were pretty busy chasing after little ones.The kids really were lazy trick or treaters. They rode most of the way in the wagons and it was more of a work out for the parents. Mia got the royal treatment the entire time (of course she can't walk so we had no choice :-)
Our entire gang


No comments:

Post a Comment