Thursday, October 27, 2011

Top Ten Reasons I Am Ready For Matt Hoffman to Be Home

I got to have a nice long Skype session with Matt today and found out he only has three more days in Iraq! Problem is, the closer we get to his homecoming, the longer the days seem to drag out. Meanwhile, I have come up with my top ten reasons why I am ready for Matt Hoffman to come home.

10-I want to be able to sleep past 5:30am at least once per month.
9- I want to be able to work on my own work (grading, lesson planning, research, etc) without feeling like I am neglecting my children.
8- I want to be able to close the door when using the bathroom.
7- I want to have a glass of wine (or 2) with my husband so I don't feel like a pathetic loser for having a glass by myself.
6- I want to be cook a meal for someone whose tastebuds extend beyond chicken nuggets and peas (well, at least I should be happy my kids eat peas).
5- I want someone to regard my chest for more than its nutritional value
4- Can't wait to pass off some of my role of exterminator and handyman- I will gladly resume my chef and maid roles as long as I don't have to deal with bugs or nails anymore.
3- So I can say "Tag- you're it" when Mia has a particularly foul diaper :-S
2- To resume date nights on the couch with brownie sundaes watching "Grey's"
1- So my girls can give their dad real kisses without a computer screen and 11,000 miles getting in the way.

Can't wait Matt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment