Thursday, October 13, 2011

Makaela's Latest Meltdown

Makaela was chatting with me one minute and then suddenly burst out into tears. When I asked her what was wrong, I could barely get a word out of her. All I could understand was "no college". When I finally calmed her down, she started telling me that she didn't want to go to college...ever. I was aghast and wondered if my disseration and all my "homework" had forever scarred her and immediately felt horrible. Upon further questioning, I found out that she didn't want to go to college because she never wanted to leave me. When I asked her where she heard about college (again, trying to see if I traumatized her), she said that when Max went to college, Goofy was so sad and she never wants to be as sad as Goofy- she wants to stay with me forever. So two things came to mind: 1) Yes, I didn't ruin her- the Goofy movie did and 2) I wish I had this on video to play back to her when she is 16 and swears she hates me.

No comments:

Post a Comment