Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mamas' Day Out









Monica found an amazing deal for an entire spa day at the Mandara Spa in Hilton Hawaiian, so as a treat for being such fantastic moms (not to mention such overworked moms), we all bought the package and organized a spa day. We started with mimosas at 11am, had a massage, an oil scalp treatment, a body scrub (and my...what an interesting experience that was), a facial, some more fun beverages, a dip in the pool, gorged ourselves on hummus, cheese and crackers, then off for a dip in the hot tub, and then off to the sauna. Yes, we were very indulgent indeed. As always, we had great converstations, laughs, got caught up on gossip, chatted about Desperate (which used to be our girls' night show) and got to relax in the sun without having to chase down toddlers. It really was a perfect day and we continued on into the night with dinner at Kobe. I know I have written about this before, but looking around the table, I am in awe of what amazing friends I have (and also the ones who moved away), but I am so grateful God led me here to meet these caring, fun and crazy people who really have become my extended family.

No comments:

Post a Comment